When creating a project development team, many project managers have a template of sorts that they go by to create, in their opinion, the perfect group of people for their specific project. But does that really create an effective project development team? Does it create a team that can work together, think together and, although remaining different and independent of one another, still become a creative force with one set goal in mind?
There are many ways to choose a project development team, but to create one that will be effective and high performing and that will make your next project a success takes some very important elements that we are going to share with you.
Some factors that are conducive to creating effective project development teams include:
- Strong team leadership. Effective teams need a strong leader. One that will lead them without taking charge and that will understand each members’ individual strengths and weaknesses. They will offer opportunities for their team members to grow and to express their creativity while helping the team move forward.
- Common goals and objectives. Obviously, the team should have common goals and objectives and it is up to them to work together towards this common goal without putting aside their own personal or individual goals. Following a common goal gives the team direction and sets the stage for moving forward.
- Processes for getting things done. The team must have teamwork if they are to work together to achieve their goal. This means that they need to have certain processes in place enabling them to make decisions, assign tasks, manage conflicts that arise and finally, achieve their goal.
- Diversity among members. Diversity among your project development team goes beyond race, gender and culture, although this is very important in global projects. What we mean by diversity in your team is that they should all have a wide range of skills and experience that complement each other and that will ensure they are able to meet their assigned goal.
- Time to learn about each other. Most project managers will often rush their teams to reach their goal, but effective project managers will take the time to let their team members get to know more about each other. This enables them to know each other’s skills and experience and gives them the ability to find their own niche in the team. They will also become more comfortable working together which will let them challenge each other and offer suggestions as needed.
A good project development team takes time to create and develop but the results are well worth it. If you need an experienced project development team, contact Blue Door Software today and let our professionals answer your questions and help make your next IT project a success.
In this post we explain the difference between a Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Teir 4 Data Centre.
The Tier number (1 to 4) defines the resilence and uptime of the centre. Tier 4 data centres are considered the most robust and least prone to failures. Tier 4 is designed to host mission critical servers and computer systems, with fully redundant subsystems (cooling, power, network links, storage etc) and compartmentalized security zones controlled by biometric access controls methods.
Tier 1 = Non-redundant capacity components (single uplink and servers).
Tier 2 = Tier 1 + Redundant capacity components.
Tier 3 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Dual-powered equipments and multiple uplinks.
Tier 4 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Tier 3 + all components are fully fault-tolerant including uplinks, storage, chillers, HVAC systems, servers etc. Everything is dual-powered.
Data Center Availability According To Tiers
The levels also describes the availability of data from the hardware at a location as follows:
Tier 1: Guaranteeing 99.671% availability.
Tier 2: Guaranteeing 99.741% availability.
Tier 3: Guaranteeing 99.982% availability.
Tier 4: Guaranteeing 99.995% availability.
The increasingly competitive tendering process for services means it is now more important than ever to utilise custom designed software that is developed for your specific needs. Often, the off the shelf software suites either don’t offer enough features, or it’s too difficult to mould your processes into the pre-defined functionality. It is for these very reasons that your organisation needs a software design team that offers custom software development options that cater to your needs and requirements.
This makes Caseworker Connect Online the perfect choice for your service.
What is customised software?
Custom software is software that is built specifically for a group of users or an organisation with specific needs. It is very different than the software packages you will find readily available. Custom software is personalised to a specific business or group’s needs and includes a wide range of personal preference based features. Caseworker Connect Online is a hybrid solution rather than entirely customised. These features could be designed around a specific function the software will be intended for, including but not limited to; service user profiles, case management (of different services with different recording requirements), staff, volunteers, and so on.
As with typical software development, the custom software development process has several different stages before the final package can be introduced. Caseworker Connect Online provides a proven framework that underpins all case management systems, which is then customised with the recording and reporting needs of the specific organisation. These stages give the software developer the ability to locate any software issues that might make the software unusable for the client, and it can enable them to fine tune the software package making it even more usable.
Is Custom Developed Software More Expensive?
Is custom software development more expensive? Initially, yes, but the benefits from using a software package that is customised to your needs and the needs of your business far outweigh the initial expense. It is critical that software solutions stay aligned with the ever-changing requirements of the organisation. This is easy to achieve with Caseworker Connect Online. Aside from a higher return on your investment, custom developed software packages can provide your organisation with a solid foundation for wider systems integration and save you time in bringing new services or departments. Custom developed software is also easier to use immediately, and it can be upgraded and improved with less down time in the future.
We’ve gone live with our new web site. It showcases our new logo and is responsive too!
We hope you like it. Please send in your comments – we want it to be the best site it can be 🙂